Hot Stone Therapy
Stone Therapy is a variation on classic massage therapy. Stones have been used by the Chinese, Egyptians, Native American and the Incas. Stone Therapy is a very relaxing treatment used to create balance within the body. It is based on go-thermal therapy which is using heated and or cold stones on the body to relax, cool, sooth and reduce inflammation. The stones are placed under and on top of the body and between the toes according to the Chakra System. Oil is applied to the body and then it is massage with the stones.
Heat from the basalt stones increases blood flow and relaxes muscles and the weight of the stones creates a deep massage which is comforting and nurturing; a wonderful treatment which brings balance to the body leaving you with a sense of wellbeing The use of hot stones for healing, warmth, ceremonial purposes and rituals dates back to ancient times. The Native American Indians, Chinese and Japanese cultures have used stones in their diagnosis and treatment of disease for centuries.
Benefits of Hot Stone Therapy
- The heat warms and relaxes the muscles, which allows the therapist to give a deeper massage, if desired.
- It improves blood circulation, feeding the body with essential nutrients and calms the nervous system.
- It helps the body cleanse and eliminate toxins.
- Improvement in joint mobility.
- Deep relaxation of muscles helps to alleviate stress and tension.
- It has a calming and nurturing effect, creating a feeling of balance and wellbeing.